Competitions & Leaderboards

White Giant RPG Studios Forums Last Dream Forum Competitions & Leaderboards

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Walker 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster
      Speed Run Competition:

The creators of Last Dream are excluded from both competitions!

Full Game Competition:

We will send you a $150 check (and our respect) if you have the fastest game-completion time through the Full Game at the end of October 2013. Second place will receive $25 and a 13×19 Last Dream poster, while 3rd place will receive a 13×19 Last Dream poster.

Specifics Rules:

Official Contest Rules for Last Dream Full Game Competition No. 1:

Participants must complete Last Dream in the fastest time possible with the following game options:

1) “Hard” difficulty mode
    2) “No Saving in Dungeons”
    3) Any encounter rate is allowable
    4) Any party combination is allowable
    5) Must be a New Game (New Game + or Reborn options are not allowed)

During play, competitors may not change their game options. Doing so will disqualify the save file.

Valid save files shall include the defeat of the Dark Lord in the Well of Souls, and must be saved after the final cutscene and endgame credits.

The creators of Last Dream are excluded from this competition!

All competitors must use the latest game version (v1.0.1).

Contest Sponsors and Promoters:

White Giant RPG Studios, LLC

1) Andrew Walker – 597 Myrtle St., Los Alamos, NM 87544
    2) Josh Mellon – 66 High Country Rd., Weaverville, NC 28787
    3) Mark Cope – 20333 NW Anzalone Dr., Apt #356, Beaverton, OR 97006
    4) Alex White – 2602 Goldenrod Ln, Bozeman, MT 59718

Maximum Cost to Participants: $14.95 to purchase the full version of Last Dream.

Special Eligibility Requirements: All participants must obtain the full version of Last Dream.

Competition Judges: Andrew Walker, Josh Mellon, and Mark Cope (creators of Last Dream) will use the submitted save files to accurately and objectively determine the fastest completion time.

Selection of a Winner: All Last Dream save files submitted prior to 11:59 EDT on Oct. 31st to info@whitegiantrpg.com will be analyzed for a valid game completion time. Any save files that do not meet the numbered criteria above, contain modified game options, are not version v1.0.1, or fail to show the Dark Lord defeated in the Well of Souls will be disqualified, and the remaining entries will be ordered from fastest to slowest. The three participants with the fastest times will be awarded prizes.

Competition Prizes: 1st place will receive $150. 2nd place will receive $25 as well as a Last Dream poster valued at $25. 3rd place will receive a Last Dream poster. Posters are not redeemable for cash.

Geographic Area of Competition: Residents of all states in the U.S. except those in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska, North Dakota, New Jersey, Tennessee and Vermont are allowed to participate in this competition (entry fees are not lawfully permitted for competitions in these named states). This contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state, and local laws.

Start and End Dates of Competition: The competition begins July 31st, 2013 at 12:01 EDT and ends at 11:59 EDT on October 31st. Save files received after 11:59 EDT on Oct. 31st will not be considered.

Winners Documentation: The Prize Winners for the competition can be obtained from WhiteGiantRPG.com on November 3rd by 11:59 EST.

Excluded Participants: Last Dream Creators (Andrew Walker, Josh Mellon, Mark Cope, and Alex White) are excluded from participation in the competition, as well as anyone younger than 13 years of age.

General Release of Liability: Contest winners agree to hold White Giant RPG Studios, LLC and the Last Dream Creators harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.

Agreement to Rules: By submitting a save file to the info@whitegiantrpg.com you acknowledge that you are fully aware of and agree with all terms and conditions of this competition stated as the “Official Contest Rules for Full Game Last Dream Competition No. 1.”

Other Conditions: By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.

White Giant RPG Studios, LLC reserves the right to end this contest or amend these rules at any time, for any reason.

3-Hour Free Trial Competition:

We will send you a $75 check (and our respect) if you have the fastest time to acquire the Ship at the end of October 2013. Second place will receive $25 and a 13×19 Last Dream poster, while 3rd place will receive a 13×19 Last Dream poster. No purchase necessary.

Specifics Rules:

Official Contest Rules for Last Dream Free Trial Competition No. 1:

Participants must acquire the Ship in Last Dream in the fastest time possible with the following game options:

1) “Normal” difficulty mode
    2) “No Saving in Dungeons”
    3) Any encounter rate is allowable
    4) Any party combination is allowable
    5) Must be a New Game (New Game + or Reborn options are not allowed)

During play, competitors may not change their game options. Doing so will disqualify the save file.

Valid save files shall include the acquisition of the Ship and must be saved while on the Ship.

The creators of Last Dream are excluded from this competition!

All competitors must use the latest game version (v1.0.1).

Contest Sponsors and Promoters:

White Giant RPG Studios, LLC

1) Andrew Walker – 597 Myrtle St., Los Alamos, NM 87544
    2) Josh Mellon – 66 High Country Rd., Weaverville, NC 28787
    3) Mark Cope – 20333 NW Anzalone Dr., Apt #356, Beaverton, OR 97006
    4) Alex White – 2602 Goldenrod Ln, Bozeman, MT 59718

Maximum Cost to Participants: No Purchase Necessary.

Special Eligibility Requirements: None.

Competition Judges: Andrew Walker, Josh Mellon, and Mark Cope (creators of Last Dream) will use the submitted save files to accurately and objectively determine the fastest completion time.

Selection of a Winner: All Last Dream save files submitted prior to 11:59 EDT on Oct. 31st to info@whitegiantrpg.com will be analyzed for a valid Ship acquisition time. Any save files that do not meet the numbered criteria above, contain modified game options, are not version v1.0.1, or fail to show the acquisition of the ship will be disqualified, and the remaining entries will be ordered from fastest to slowest. The three participants with the fastest times will be awarded prizes.

Competition Prizes: 1st place will receive $75. 2nd place will receive $25 as well as a Last Dream poster valued at $25. 3rd place will receive a Last Dream poster. Posters are not redeemable for cash.

Geographic Area of Competition: The contest is open to everyone. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state, and local laws.

Start and End Dates of Competition: The competition begins July 31st, 2013 at 12:01 EDT and ends at 11:59 EDT on October 31st. Save files received after 11:59 EDT on Oct. 31st will not be considered.

Winners Documentation: The Prize Winners for the competition can be obtained from WhiteGiantRPG.com on November 3rd by 11:59 EST.

Excluded Participants: Last Dream Creators (Andrew Walker, Josh Mellon, Mark Cope, and Alex White) are excluded from participation in the competition.

General Release of Liability: Contest winners agree to hold White Giant RPG Studios, LLC and the Last Dream Creators harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.

Agreement to Rules: By submitting a save file to the info@whitegiantrpg.com you acknowledge that you are fully aware of and agree with all terms and conditions of this competition stated as the “Official Contest Rules for Free Trial Last Dream Competition No. 1.”

Other Conditions: By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.

White Giant RPG Studios, LLC reserves the right to end this contest or amend these rules at any time, for any reason.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Andrew Walker.

PanzerAzelSaturn
    Participant

How about a little appreciation for those of us who take time to smell the roses? I wish the game kept track of things like reading every book or searching every object in town or talking to every NPC… cause I do that 🙂 This obviously kills my play time, but I always say someone programmed that stuff in there, so they must be happy to know someone saw it. So I propose recognition for those who appreciated the effort of the developers the most and took darn near forever. I probably won’t even be done with the game by Sept. 30 😛

Anonymous

*Groan* Noooo! That’d make getting 100% a lot harder! XD

Anonymous

Question: Does traveling back to Earth count as winning the game?
    I think I’ve won the game, but not sure …..

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

PanzerAzelSaturn – Great point! And that’s why the highest honors are reserved for those people who get 100% of the Achievements in Last Dream.

Calisca – If you’re not sure that you’ve won the game, you probably haven’t. =) Did you defeat the final boss in the Well of Souls? If you simply used an item to return home, that doesn’t qualify. =)

BoogieMan
    Participant

I still haven’t completed it yet. Party is around level 35, just got full adamantium and and a few adamantium synthesized items. Right about 50% achievements completed so far. Time to get back to it!

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

Great to hear! Level 35, you must be feeling pretty strong… Have you ventured into the Abyss, yet?

BoogieMan
    Participant

I walked in right before I had to quit for today, didn’t even get into a battle. So it really doesn’t count yet. I plan to check it out tomorrow.

And as for feeling strong, I have for most of the game until I fought Colossus. As my level goes up, my Ninja doesn’t seem to be keeping pace damage wise with my Dark Knight. His ATK is about the same as my DK, but his special attacks seem to suffer to high defense far worse. He would only melee him for about 400-900, and his special attacks did roughly in the same window. My DKs Crush hit for 1.4-4k. So basically I fought him for around 22 minutes with my DK having to mostly solo him. My Warlocks spells were doing a good 90% less damage against him. I assume he’s designed for higher level, but my DK did roughly the same damage to him as he did run of the mill monsters. Had plenty of time to steal his goodies though. 🙂

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

The current implementation of Last Dream doesn’t have an ideal way of displaying your exact game time nor the exact number of steps when you finish the game. In the Friday update that we’ll be releasing, the exact game time after finishing the final boss and the exact number of steps you took during the game will be saved to game variables immediately after you defeat the boss.

At the end of the credits, just before you save your game for a New Game + or Reborn game, you’ll be able to see the correct value for both steps and game time.

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

Congratulations to our first entrant and current first place: Chris Moore

He finished in 14h 32m 12s. Can anyone dethrone him and take the $150?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.