Controllers

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sephox 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi there;

I backed Last Dream in the kickstarter and I just finally started to play through it today. I’m keeping a journalish thing that I will cross post if there’s interest in it.

I love the game, but I am struggling with a few things on my logitech controller. For starters, I switched to using it purely so I’d be less confused (and I was highly confused). I can’t seem to rebind anything against the controller. In particular, I would like to be able to rebind movement; by default the game binds movement to the left analog stick; it would be awesome if it was possible for me to rebind it to the static d-pad. The d-pad is naturally far more precise for picking a direction accurately compared to the stick, so the ability to use that instead would make my life a lot easier.

Need to go to work for a few hours, can’t wait to get back on track with this game. 😉

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

Avakael – Your logitech controller doesn’t have a button that switches it between dual analog and d-pad? I also use a logitech controller while playing and for me it’s as simple as hitting the button to switch between the two control styles before starting the game.

Also, have you tried F1 + gamepad tab to remap the controls? This problem won’t work for the analog/d-pad issue, though.

Finally, many people have mentioned a program called JoytoKey. I haven’t used it myself, but you might try it if you can’t get it work using my suggestions.

Anonymous

ermagerd the mode button does exactly that 😀

The idea of the controller is that I’d get used to the controls quicker and thus I wouldn’t need to remap. Has worked admirably, I’m now perfectly at peace with the defaults.

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

Avakael – Great! If you have any more issues, please let us know.

Sephox
    Participant

I tried to use a ps3 controller using motionjoy but it seems like my game keep crashing doing that……its the first time i get a crash using my ps3 controller playing games…..so if you have any idea why it could help me :P……thx in advance

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

I’m not familiar with MotionJoy but it’s possible that program isn’t compatible with the game. Have you tried using JoytoKey?

Also, I’m not sure about this… but my Xbox360 controller works without any extra program. Have you tried simply plugging in your PS3 controller and trying the game?

BoogieMan
    Participant

In my experience, PS3 controllers will simply not work with Windows without a 3rd party program. You can charge them I believe, but that’s about it.

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

Ahh, thanks for the clarification, BoogieMan. Do you know if the JoytoKey program works with PS3 controllers? It seems to be compatible with the RPG Maker VX Engine.

BoogieMan
    Participant

I believe it does but I’ve never used it. I used MotionJoy awhile back to play Dungeon Defenders but that was before my latest reformat and install. Probably worth a shot if it’s supposed to work with it. I’ve heard of people having issues with MotionJoy before.

Sephox
    Participant

Well thx for the hint will try that right away and come back for results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.