Controllers

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sephox 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Sephox
    Participant

It seems joytokey is working perfectly well…so its the third party program to use for ps3 controller!!!!

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

Sephox – Awesome! Thanks for letting us know that it worked.

Sephox
    Participant

No problem…this game is amazing so its a pleasure to be one of the first one to test it!!

kai
    Participant

Sephox, can you give a breakdown of steps on what you did to get a ps3 controller to work?

I’m using a 3rd party wired xbox 360 controller which is not giving consistent response times – triggers also don’t work.

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

kai – I’ve used a wired Xbox 360 controller with Last Dream. I’m not sure what you mean by inconsistent response times, but you can remap the buttons by using F1 -> Gamepad tab. I was able to successfully get the L & R keys to map to either the shoulder bumpers or the triggers (can’t remember which).

kai
    Participant

I’m using a third party controller. It was designed to be used for SFIV so the triggers are moved around on the controller. I couldn’t get LT/RT to work in game settings as well as joytokey but LB/RB work. By inconsistent response times, I mean sometimes I tap BXY and nothing happens so I have to push harder. It’s likely the controller as it belonged to my friend before he got a ps3 to play fighters on.

I’m curious as what people have their controller buttons set to.

Anonymous

The RT and LT on Xbox 360 style controllers are analog so some games/tools can’t see them as buttons.

Sephox
    Participant

I plugged it in my computer……firs i was using motionjoy, but it was crashing my computer when running LD, so i got joytokey to run it while playing LD. The thing is motionjoy made me download drivers for the controller….and there is some for the 360 too….so maybe if you get those drivers with motionjoy , then use joytokey to play the game it should work perfectly fine….but not sure for Xbox, im using ps3 controller

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.