Making commentary videos

White Giant RPG Studios Forums Last Dream Forum Making commentary videos

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Josh Mellon 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

kai
    Participant

I plan on uploading videos soon. I already did commentary up until the tutorial – almost 30 minutes worth!. Working on that soon and eventually actual gameplay! I would just like permission to upload on YouTube etc and post links here when they’re available. Just listening through my commentary so far it seems I ramble a lot and at times point out grammar issues with the dialog – is that okay?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  kai.

Mark Cope
    Keymaster

@ Kai-I personally love watching commentary/let’s play videos. Yes, you have our permission to upload as many videos as you want. I promise to watch every one of them. Please feel free to post links in this forum when you upload new videos. I look forward to them.

jadeia
    Participant

Hi Kai – I’m also an avid YouTube video maker. What’s your channel I would love to check you out.

Mine is: http://www.youtube.com/jadeia1

kai
    Participant

Ok I uploaded my first video but discovered some issues so had to reencode etc. The video is currently processing on youtube. This first video is NOT gameplay yet.

The link will be:

I should have more videos up soon. It’s taking a while as I don’t have much hard drive space and need to move things around before I begin recording.

jadeia
    Participant

What’s your YouTube user name?

kai
    Participant

Video finished processing.

I’ll be recording the Tutorial and some gameplay in a few hours and hope to have that up.

Anonymous

“uhh my head…who’s that guy..Dante!” lol loved the way you said that.
    Seriously though Kai other then some audio issue it was nice through video commentary, hope to see more and keep up that dry wit :-p

Josh Mellon
    Keymaster

YouTube can sometimes be a bit aggressive with copyright infringement concerns. If you encounter any issues, we would be happy to write an authorization letter on our company letterhead, as we did today for jadeia, detailing the underlying licensing behind the Last Dream music, etc. No problem at all.

There is not much I enjoy more than kicking back with some popcorn and spiked hot apple cider and watching Let’s Play videos of Last Dream!

kai
    Participant

Muhammad, glad you appreciate my way of commentating. Can you elaborate on the audio issues? It was my first video ever. I also spent the past few days reading up on audio and video recording. My setup is dated: nearly 5 yr old laptop and old gaming headset with mic. I also have an air conditioning unit less than 2 feet away from me so that probably does not help with the noise.

Josh, if you could do that it would make things easier for me especially since my account is brand new! The video I have up is the first video I ever uploaded and my first recording and commentary (aside from some test runs). Actually I had another video (same video but the borders were messed up), and both videos had some of the audio blocked (some game music) so I had to dispute the copyright issue. An actual letter might help with future uploads. Is there a way to send you a private message?

I ran into other technical issues as I had two recording sessions of the Tutorial fail! I have the commentary for those and will upload that as I offer my opinions on many of the Tutorial content.

I got a successful Tutorial video encoding now so that should be up by the end of Sunday along with the two failed videos (commentary only, no video content).

I was able to get actual gameplay in. I go through Oakwood – talking to all NPCs, clicking on objects to check for text, and looking for hidden items! All gameplay is blind (baring any failed recording) and unedited. My commentary is live and, I promise you, the most amount of commentating you’ll hear (compared to others’ – check my first video to find out).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  kai.

Anonymous

Hey Kai,you are correct friend it was the old mic and background noise of a machine, other then that it was Super.Liked your ‘casual gamer’ style of narration, very authentic and interesting to listen 😉

Hoping to see more.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.