Stupid mistakes :D

White Giant RPG Studios Forums Last Dream Forum Stupid mistakes :D

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Josh Mellon 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I thought I’d make a thread for really stupid mistakes ^^, my most recent one being beating Crescent Canyony, not picking up the crystal and realize it 3 hours later.

Mark Cope
    Keymaster

A few weeks ago I was trying to beat the game with a single monk party on legendary difficulty. I typically move my save files when I download the latest versions of the game. Andrew asked me to test a bug, so I quickly downloaded the latest version without moving my save files. All 20 of my saves were overwritten and I lost my single monk legendary game. I had been playing for over 30 hours and was just getting to the crystal dungeons:(……. Always move/copy your save files when downloading the updates, sigh.

gad
    Participant

@mark, That is super badass, have you attempted this SCC once again and won?! I will definitely always move/backup my saves, ouch. I bet you are the reason they warned us about this :P. How do you start out on Legendary with one character? I tried and even the sewer monsters destroy me

Sorry man… I feel your pain. I have done the same thing a number of times :\

Anonymous

Oh man, yeah, that’s like 10 times worse than what I did.

Mark Cope
    Keymaster

My strategy for getting started with one character legendary mode is to pick up the old fishing pole and head strait for the fishing docks. Buy a ton of junk bait and start fishing for a long time. Sell all of the fish and buy as many small SP orbs as you can. Purchase all of the passive skills that are available to you and then buy all of the equipment that you can equip. Head down to the sewers and prey you don’t run into spiders. It is important to do all of your fishing in one trip or you will run into a battle during multiple visits to the dock.

gad
    Participant

@mark, Smooth. So you buy equip and then spend the rest on bait? I’m going to have to mess around with stuff like that once I beat the game. Do you have any boss fight vids you wanna post? I would like to see a Monk go 1v1 w/ a Super Boss =D

Anonymous

Brought 11 iron gauntlets instead of 1. Lost the 10 grand I’d made by killing the bandits. D:

Anonymous

I fought Dark Lord, and then Kraken without realizing I forgot to equip my stuff -.-

Mark Cope
    Keymaster

When I attempt the single Monk Legendary play through again I will record my Super Boss fights. On normal mode it took me about 30 minutes to kill the last Super Boss with a single Monk.

Josh Mellon
    Keymaster

What?! Mark – you are going for a single character Legendary mode completion? :O It took me over 107 hours to beat the game on Legendary mode with four characters (http://whitegiantrpg.com/games/speed-run/)… Did you use the row menu manipulation to limit your party to one character? Looks like I’ll have to beat the game on Legendary mode and “No Saving in Dungeons” with a single White Mage without ever using an Inn to outdo you. đŸ˜‰

Mandrew – I don’t really want you to add this as an Achievement, but we should create a special leaderboard on our website for recording these types of feats. We also need an in-game metric to verify single-character play. Sweet!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.