xbox controller :(

White Giant RPG Studios Forums Last Dream Forum xbox controller :(

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Walker 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rj7766
    Participant

I see the readme file says xbox controller should work…. But I can’t tell if i am doing something wrong or if it really doesnt work.
    Any help would be appreciated.

THanks
    RJ
    KS backer!

kai
    Participant

Not sure about Xbox but Xbox 360 controllers will work if you downloaded the drivers from Microsoft. There’s two types – one for wired and one for wireless. Wireless controllers also need the PC wireless receiver adapter.

The game options for gamepad aren’t that great so I ended up using joytokey.

rj7766
    Participant

Sorry I meant xbox 360 …..
    I have the wireless receiver, it works great with other games….

gad
    Participant

If you are using anything else to map keys to the xbox360 controller you should turn it off. It will conflict with the auto-map that the game tries to do. Make sure it is installed as an xbox360 controller as well. Otherwise the dev team will have to hit that one up.

Josh Mellon
    Keymaster

rj7766 – As you are likely already doing, one aspect to confirm is whether your controller is connected to your PC prior to launching Last Dream (if so, the auto-map should implement all necessary button connections, as gad mentioned). Then, pressing F1 will offer you limited adjustments. However, if nothing works for you, please send your address to info@whitegiantrpg.com and I would be happy to give you one of my extra, working controllers.

rj7766
    Participant

I am not sure what else could be conflicting… I have a wireless 360 controller and the wireless reciever.. other games see it. I unplugged my gaming mouse in case that was it … under the gamepad section it lists 10 buttons but nothing responds.. the dpad or the analog sticks do nothing…. I am not missing a setting am i?

Thanks for the help so far though!

kai
    Participant

Download Joytokey:
    http://www.ac.auone-net.jp/~jtk/joytokey/JoyToKey_en.zip

I had to set all buttons in the game menu to “-” so the game doesn’t recognize the gamepad. Initially the button I had mapped to ‘shift’ (for dash) conflicted with the menu command.

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

I have successfully used an Xbox 360 controller, but I used a wired version. I would have thought that if your computer recognized the Xbox 360 controller, then it would work for Last Dream, as well.

Do you have a wired Xbox 360 controller you could check to see if it’s the wireless USB adapter?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.