YouTube Play Through

White Giant RPG Studios Forums Last Dream Forum YouTube Play Through

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  gad 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author

jadeia
    Participant

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I’ve spoken with the dev team and have their permission to do a Lets Play walkthrough of the game. Since the keys are expected to come out shortly, I’ll look at recording this weekend and getting the first episodes up on my YouTube channel early next week.

I love blind playthrough’s – and have held off playing the demo so I can experience it for the first time, on camera.

If you’re curious or want to check out the series when it airs, head over to my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jadeia1 (sorry – if Im not meant to post links just let me know).

As an old school gamer, this project caught my eye as soon as it appeared on KickStarter. It reminded me of my first CRPGs like: Ultima (the original), Questron, Bards Tale, Legacy of the Ancients, Legend of Blacksilver, etc.

Looking forward to getting into the game!

Andrew Walker
    Keymaster

Jadeia – Let me know when your first episode is up. I’d enjoy watching it.

Josh Mellon
    Keymaster

Jadeia – One aspect of effective game development that our team has discovered is how much we can learn from actually watching others play. Hence, putting up a series of Let’s Play videos is a service to us and our backers, because we not only want to craft an awesome (Expanded!) Expansion Pack as well as the rest of the trilogy, we also wish to release improved versions of Last Dream. I anticipate that your videos will offer us some insights toward accomplishing better versions – Thanks for doing this!

jadeia
    Participant

Just played my first 90 minutes of the game.. LOVED it. Man this takes me back to the good old days of gaming.

I’m cutting it up into 3 videos and will upload tonight. I’ll post an update once the first video is live on YouTube.

I normally do games like Minecraft, Walking Dead and Civilization V on my channel so this will definitely be new to them 🙂 I’ll also include links to this website and will definitely be promoting that they buy the game in my videos 🙂

Awesome job guys – loving this game

gad
    Participant

It isn’t awesome isn’t it?! 🙂

I’ll check them out for sure. All this talk about yt channels makes me want to start putting videos up again. So much work though!!!!! Editing… *shakes fists at sky*

jadeia
    Participant

Okay first video is up: http://youtu.be/Ug87DTja-vA

Dont think I can embed – so please use the link above.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  jadeia.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  jadeia.

jadeia
    Participant

Anonymous

I’m considering doing one too, but never done one before.

jadeia
    Participant

Its a lot of fun. You need to do experimentation first with all the settings – the recording software, a good headset and mic, and something to edit the vids with afterwards.

I liken it to making dinner – it’s much more rewarding when your cooking for a group of friends than just yourself. That’s why I like to share videos.

Anonymous

I just watched your vid, not bad. :>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.