We’re continuing to polish and improve the Last Dream Fishing Arcade which we plan to include both as a mini-game in Last Dream II, but also as a standalone title. Some of the recent improvements include:
- Improving environment and fish art
- Adding fishing shadows until you’ve caught a particular type of fish
- Added fishing overdrives that allow you to build up “Overdrive Points” and then use them to more easily catch powerful fish.
- All fish tiers (rather than just the first tier) are now spawned.
- Refined mechanics to improve play/feel of fishing
- Added achievements based on catching all fish in a tier, getting fishing equipment upgrades, and earning a specific number of fishing points
What we’re working on next is:
- The Last Dream Fishing Arcade title screen
- Game Options menu (with selectable difficulty)
- Character selection menu with each character having unique fishing strengths and weaknesses as well as unique overdrives
- Selectable fishing locations
- Varying weather conditions and day / night variations
Have your own suggestions for the Fishing Arcade? Please let us know in the comments!Share