Although it’s still early in development, we thought we’d share our recent progress on the Last Dream II fishing mini-game. In the video, it showcases that the casting and reeling physics are working properly as well as the line tension physics that can cause the line to break if you attempt to reel in too much while a fish is hooked. The ability to catch a fish is also working, but there is still so much to do. Some of the items on our to-do list are:
1) Adding a flourish pose and pop-up box when catching a fish.
2) Multiple fish of various types (each with its own power / size)
3) Implementing a fish exhaustion feature so that the fish loses power if you fight it for an extended period of time.
4) Adding fishing overdrives that you can use to catch more powerful fish after you’ve caught multiple other weaker fish to fill your overdrive gauge.
5) Adding the ability to upgrade fishing gear.
If you have other ideas on how to improve fishing in Last Dream II, please let us know in the comments!Share